Alissa Moreno was born on a small Navajo reservation then grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. After a music education and a year in Hawaii writing songs, she moved to Los Angeles. As an artist, she began her career performing on Sunday nights at Hotel Cafe, coming up with a crew of budding artists such as Gary Jules, Jason Mraz, Waz, Meiko and many more.
Some of her film/tv and music accolades include:
• Co-wrote/co-performed the ABC sitcom Hope and Faith theme song.
• Her song “Next Time” was featured in full at the end of LC's San Fran episode of MTV's Laguna Beach and is featured on the Interscope Records release Laguna Beach: Summer Can Last Forever.
• She co-wrote the Grammy nominated #1 hit song “Every Day” for Rascal Flatts,
• she wrote “Strings” with Big Al Anderson featuring Vince Gill, and Walking Blind with The Voice Season 1 winner, (Team Adam) Javier Colon, and two on his previous album When and That's My Little Girl.
• She wrote the John Oates and The Time Jumpers single “Santa Be Good To Me”
• The Grammy winning Morgan Heritage's second single “Pineapple Wine” on the Grammy nominated album Avrakedabra.
• The single “Beautiful World” for Russian superstar Alexander Kogan,
• “The Yee-Haw Song” for Uncle Si and the Sicotics (Duck Dynasty)
• Singles and cuts from around the world including the South African Idol winner Elvis Blue song “Only Wanna Be With You”, from her debut album, In Your Wake,
• Her single “Far From Here” was the show ID for the Lifetime series Army Wives.
• Television: Alissa’s music is featured in television with numerous songs licensed to The Vineyard, The Hills, Laguna Beach, How I Met Your Mother, Guiding Light, Will and Grace, Criminal Minds,
• Commercials: such as Tide, Belk, Young and The Restless Promo, and Central Way Numbers, and many others.
• Films: include Daltry Calhoun, Undiscovered, and Slamdance hit Mall Cop.
• Vocal Coach to Hollywood stars: such as vocal coach to Ben Affleck for his SAG award winning role in Hollywoodland.
Alissa currently lives in Nashville, Tennessee, is a SAG performer, and has written with and been recorded by artists such as Colbie Cailat, Rascall Flatts, Sara Evans, Alex Da Kidd, Kina Grannis, StreetRunner, JoJo, Chuck Wicks, Mallary Hope, Kate Voegelle, Javier Colon, Nikola Bedingfield, Corey Chorus, Nila, Lil' Eddie, Fast Ball, Big Al Anderson, Vince Gill, John Oates, Nash Overstreet, Cady Groves and Vertical Horizon.
She has two new Country singles slated to come out first quarter of 2018, one in Canada and one in the U.S. She doesn't want to jinx it, but keep your eyes peeled at WalMart for one of your all time favorite reality TV stars' new album!