Terms and Conditions
You will see that we have included short summaries at the start of certain sections. These are no substitute for reading the terms in their entirety. They are there for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
NOTE: NSAI receives inquiries from time-to-time about the language below asking if this means we own your songs or any royalties they may ever generate. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! NSAI only helps you promote your songs with your permission through services such as our Pitch-to-Publisher luncheon, TOP 40 Song Page, etc. In most of those instances, you will receive a separate communication from us about those uses. NSAI was founded to protect your songs (and the royalties stemming therefrom) and promote the profession of songwriting.
Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis, and Nashville Songwriters reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the website or specific portions of it without notice to you. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You must not copy, monitor or access any part of the website using an automated mechanism or process such as a robot or spider. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of the website by hacking or any other similar means. You must not use the site for an unlawful purpose or unlawful purposes.
In order to access certain portions of the site, you will need to become a member of Nashville Songwriters, either through the process available on the site or directly with Nashville Songwriters. In connection with such process,, Nashville Songwriters will ask you to provide information which is personal to you, such as your name, address, email address, mobile telephone number, date of birth and/or gender etc. The information you provide must be genuine and you must not impersonate another person.
As part of the membership registration process, you may be asked to select a username and password. You will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password secure. If you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your username or password, you must notify Nashville Songwriters immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree to provide accurate and complete information when registering and using the website and the Services, and you agree to keep your information up to date.
If you download or otherwise use certain software, features or other digital content, including apps, from this website (“Products”), the Products, and all files, images and data relating thereto, will be licensed to you by Nashville Songwriters under applicable terms and conditions, which may be presented to you separately at the time of download or prior to use of such Products (“Additional Terms”). You agree and acknowledge that you do not own the downloaded Products, and that Nashville Songwriters does not transfer ownership of the Products to you. Nashville Songwriters retains full ownership of and title to the downloaded Products and all intellectual property rights related thereto. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Products to a human-readable form. You (and not Nashville Songwriters) assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair, or correction that may be necessary for your computer equipment and software as a result of any viruses, harmful components, errors or any other problems whatsoever you may have as a result of visiting this website.
The United States controls the export of any software downloadable from this website. No software or any other materials associated with this website may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported to countries or persons prohibited under export control laws, including but not limited to countries against which the United States has embargoed goods, or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. You are responsible for compliance with the laws of your local jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of any such materials. By using and/or downloading any such materials from this website, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country to which such import, export, or re-export is prohibited or are not a person or entity to which such export is prohibited.
Certain portions of the website may invite or enable you to post, upload, embed, display or otherwise communicate text, messages, photos, videos, sound recordings, music (including lyrics), graphics, drawings, suggestions, ideas (including product and advertising ideas), your and/or other persons’ names, likenesses, voices, usernames, performances and other information, materials or content owned or created by you (collectively, "User Submissions").
NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS WILL CONSIDER USER SUBMISSIONS AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY AND SHALL BE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN YOUR USER SUBMISSION. ALL USER SUBMISSIONS ARE SOLELY FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES AND NO REMUNERATION OR COMPENSATION OF ANY KIND WILL BE PAID FOR SUCH SUBMISSIONS. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS WILL NOT USE THE USER SUBMISSIONS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE BUT RATHER ALL USAGE SHALL BE FOR PROMOTIONAL, MARKETING, ADVERTISING, PUBLICITY AND/OR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Rights to submit content
You further warrant and represent that you havethe consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual in your User Submissions to use his or her name, username or likeness in the manner contemplated by the website and the Products, Servicesor other materials on or available from the website.
Nature of content submitted
In connection with User Submissions, you agree and warrant that:
- you will not submit any User Submission that is subject to any right of a third party including, without limitation:
- copyright, patent, trade mark, trade secret, or other proprietary or contractual right;
- right of privacy or publicity; or
- confidential information
unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner(s) to submit the User Submission and to grant the rights herein;
- you will not submit User Submissions that are unlawful for you to possess in the country in which you are resident, or which it would be unlawful for Nashville Songwriters to use or possess in connection with the provision of the website or the Services; and
- you will not submit a User Submission that:
- is illegal or encourages or condones illegal acts or the discussion of illegal acts with the intent to commit them, including but not limited to drug dealing, drug abuse, child pornography, physical or sexual assault, stalking, theft, fraud or conspiracy to commit a criminal act;
- is defamatory, threatening, abusive, harassing or an invasion of privacy;
- is discriminatory or prejudicial based upon race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or otherwise;
- is obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit;
- is dangerous, irresponsible or antisocial or encourages or condones dangerous, irresponsible or antisocial behavior;
- contains a virus, spyware or other harmful component, or otherwise impairs, interrupts or damages the website, the Services or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with a person’s use or enjoyment of the same; or
- contains any advertisement, solicitation, chain letter, pyramid scheme, investment opportunity or other unsolicited commercial communication (other than as permitted on the site).
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of your posting or publishing them.
Nashville Songwriters and your submissions
- Nashville Songwriters has no obligation to use your User Submission in any way and Nashville Songwriters shall not be obliged to give reasons for rejecting your User Submission or to identify Nashville Songwriters’ activities that relate to your User Submission in any way.
- Nashville Songwriters may use your name to attribute your User Submission to you (although we shall not be obliged to do so).
- By submitting User Submissions to the site, you understand that your User Submission could be attributed to you and your User Submission and other information submitted by you may be searchable by other members of the site.
- In addition, you understand and agree that when using the website, you may be exposed to User Submissions posted and/or submitted by other users. Nashville Songwriters is not in any manner responsible for User Submissions, and Nashville Songwriters does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or intellectual property rights of, or relating to, such User Submissions. In addition, Nashville Songwriters cannot assure that harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable User Submissions will not appear on the website.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that the information, materials and opinions expressed or included in any User Submissions are not necessarily those of Nashville Songwriters or its affiliated or related entities or content providers and Nashville Songwriters expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with any User Submission. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Nashville Songwriters with respect to any User Submissions.
- Nashville Songwriters will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities, court order or subpoena requesting or directing Nashville Songwriters to disclose the identity of anyone posting User Submissions. To the extent we can do so by law, we reserve the right to identify any user to third parties and/or disclose any User Submission or personal data to any third party claiming that a User Submission infringes their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy. We may also disclose such information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Nashville Songwriters, its customers or the public.
- Although Nashville Songwriters is under no obligation to review or monitor User Submissions, Nashville Songwriters reserves the absolute right to do so in its sole discretion. In addition, Nashville Songwriters reserves the right at all times to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any User Submissions from the website, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason and without prior notice if it chooses to do so. You agree that Nashville Songwriters does not have any obligation to use or respond to any User Submission.
You shall retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions, but you are required to grant limited rights to Nashville Songwriters and other users of the website.
In return for using the website and the Services, you grant Nashville Songwriters a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free transferable license (with full right to sub-license) to use your User Submissions for any promotional and/or educational purpose in perpetuityand free of charge. The license shall include, without limitation, the right to reproduce, copy, edit, adapt, combine with other works, make available, synchronize, display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast, publish, and distribute your User Submissions.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS WILL NOT USE THE USER SUBMISSIONS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE BUT RATHER ALL USAGE SHALL BE FOR PROMOTIONAL, MARKETING, ADVERTISING, PUBLICITY AND/OR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ANY COMMERCIAL USE OF THE USER SUBMISSIONS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO FURTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS AND SHALL REQUIRE YOUR WRITTEN CONSENT.
If your User Submission includes an idea or suggestion, you acknowledge that Nashville Songwritersor a third party acting on our behalf may have previously worked on or may be working on the same or a similar idea. By submitting your idea, you agree that we may continue to develop the idea (or a similar idea) independently of, and without acknowledging, your idea.
You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release and forever discharge Nashville Songwriters from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent, and of any nature whatsoever, which you may have or may in the future have against Nashville Songwriters with respect to your User Submission, including how Nashville Songwriters uses your User Submission.
You waive all moral rights to which you may be entitled under any legislation now existing or in future enacted in any part of the world relating to your User Submissions. Where this is not permitted by law you undertake not to enforce your moral rights at any future point in time.
Nashville Songwriters controls and operates this website from the United States. Nashville Songwriters makes no representation that materials in this website or the Products described thereby are appropriate or available for use in your location. All visitors to this website are responsible for compliance with all local laws applicable to them with respect to the content and operation of this website.
You agree not to link to this website from a website not operated by Nashville Songwriters, unless you have obtained Nashville Songwriters’ prior written consent.
For your convenience and enjoyment, this website may provide links to other websites on the world wide web that are not operated by Nashville Songwriters. Nashville Songwriters has no control over these websites and is not responsible for their availability. Nashville Songwriters does not endorse, approve or sponsor, nor is Nashville Songwriters responsible or liable for, any information or content available at the linked sites or any products, or other materials on or available from such sites. Nashville Songwriters is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. In addition, Nashville Songwriters is not liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of such content, information, products, goods or services available on or through any such linked websites.
The material on the website (including any graphics, software, digital content, recommendations or other materials) and any material made available through the website is provided "as is" and “as available” and without conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Nashville Songwriters disclaims all conditions and warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Nashville Songwriters does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the material on the website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The material on this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and could be inaccurate or become inaccurate as a result of developments occurring after their respective dates. Nashville Songwriters undertakes no obligation to verify or maintain the currency of such information.
NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS ENDEAVORS TO MAINTAIN THIS WEBSITE AND ITS OPERATION, BUT IS NOT, AND CANNOT BE, RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULTS OF ANY DEFECTS THAT MAY EXIST IN THE WEBSITE OR ITS OPERATION. AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE WILL MEET THE USER'S REQUIREMENTS; (II) ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR FREE OF DEFECTS OR ERRORS; (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (IV) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU (AND NOT NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION THAT MAY BE NECESSARY FOR YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE AS A RESULT OF ANY VIRUSES, HARMFUL COMPONENTS, ERRORS OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER YOU MAY HAVE AS A RESULT OF VISITING THIS WEBSITE.
TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DO NOT LIMIT IN ANY WAY OUR LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR FOR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE OR FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION OR CONCEALMENT OR FOR ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS, OUR LICENSORS OR LICENSEES, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, THAT MAY RESULT FROM (A) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE, (B) THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE. NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE EVEN IF NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THESE INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, LINE FAILURE OR COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, TROJAN HORSE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENT.
NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE CONTENT OF ANY USER SUBMISSION OR FOR ANY LIBEL, SLANDER, OMISSION, FALSEHOOD, OBSCENITY, PORNOGRAPHY, PROFANITY, DANGER, ILLEGALITY, INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, ERROR OR INACCURACY CONTAINED IN ANY USER SUBMISSIONS.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. HOWEVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT(INCLUDING, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located, with enough detail that we may find it;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon us actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Nashville Songwriters Association International
Attn: Jennifer Turnbow
1710 Roy Acuff Place, Nashville, TN 37206
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice with our copyright agent.
We may, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, prohibit users who may be repeat infringers from accessing the website or making submissions.
This website may provide a Help file or other instructions for the use of this site. However, you understand that Nashville Songwriters is under no obligation to provide any support for the use of the website.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO CLAIM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE JOINED TO ANY OTHER CLAIM, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM INVOLVING ANY OTHER CURRENT OR FORMER USER OF THE SITE, THE DOMAIN, OR THE SERVICES, AND NO CLASS PROCEEDINGS SHALL BE PERMITTED.]
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.