ABOUT ANNA VAUS
ANNA VAUS is The California Kid, and that nickname is the title of her debut EP released on September 28. "I'm guilty as charged when it comes to writing songs about where I come from," says the Poway, CA native. "It's made me who I am. So many different characters and stories have grown out of a place I love so much. I find a dark humor in some of them, but I find truth in all of them." Vaus’ deep connection with her home state combined with an ever-growing passion for genuine country music made Nashville the perfect place for her roots to find wings. In 2016, Vaus was chosen by Miranda Lambert as the first recipient of the Miranda Lambert Women Creators Fund which awards a female singer/songwriter a scholarship to attend Belmont University. Later that year, she was featured in Belmont’s Best of the Best Showcase. Vaus signed a publishing deal with Black River Entertainment in 2017.
- CMT’s Next Women of Country Class of 2019
- first recipient of the Miranda Lambert Women Creators Fund to attend Belmont
- Anna was chosen as one of six upandcoming songwriters in AIMP’s Class of 2018
- Opened for major country artists such as Lee Ann Womack, Jon Pardi, Old Dominion, Hunter Hayes ,and Willie Nelson
- The music video for her song “Day Job” is currently featured on CMT’s 24/7 music channel, CMT Music.