WHILE WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY SEEKING INTERNS, YOU CAN STILL REACH OUT TO ALLISON@NASHVILLESONGWRITERS.COM FOR MORE INFO
An internship with Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI) provides students with the opportunity to obtain real world experience at the world’s largest not-for-profit songwriters trade organization. We have excellent opportunities for interns in our Membership, Marketing/Events, and Sponsorship departments. Our staff works closely together, which will sometimes result in duties overlapping, allowing our interns to have a well-rounded internship experience, while still focusing on their niche interests.
Established in 1967, the membership of more than 5,000 spans the United States and eight (8) foreign countries. For 52+ years, NSAI has been dedicated to protecting the rights of and serving aspiring and professional songwriters in all genres of music.
All interested candidates must be enrolled in and eligible to receive COLLEGE CREDIT from an accredited college, educational institution, or university. A letter of proof must be submitted. Internships are unpaid and for academic credit only.
Out of state applications must indicate when you intend to be in the Nashville area to do an internship. Travel and Housing are NOT provided by NSAI.
Candidates should possess:
- Interest in songwriting and the music industry
- Friendly and proactive communication (external & internal)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Initiative and follow-through
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of design based software (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus, but not required
- Assist Member Reps with data entry and research
- Compile and process member mailings: membership cards and billing
- Assist with member services and events at the office: Wednesday with a Pro, #1 Parties, Thursday night workshops, and more
- Assist receptionist in the lobby: backup on phones, lobby traffic, etc
- Basic office duties: copying, filing, faxing, inventory, etc
- Special projects
- Assist in managing social media accounts and monitor data
- Research new media and marketing trends
- Research media contacts
- Draft press releases and E-News content
- Design marketing materials (flyers, posters, logos, etc)
- Assist with photographing and filming
- Research event trends and new event opportunities
- Assist in event planning and promotion for NSAI events (attend/assist at events as needed)
- Track sponsor appearances on social media pages and when they are mentioned on NSAI page
- Research website analytics and track attendee numbers at all NSAI events
- Research sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with creating sponsorship decks
- Assist with reviewing and fulfilling contractual elements
- Research promotional opportunities
- Assist with all sponsor events (attend/assist at events as needed)
Office hours: Monday – Thursday 10am to 5pm, Friday 10am to 4pm.
We will work around accredited college, educational institution, or university calendars and schedules. MWF or T/TH availability is ideal.
Questions: Please direct all internship questions to Allison Barrett at email@example.com